Listen Up, It’s Time To Get Serious
Process Post – Week 12
I’ve never had to write my own community guidelines, I’ve only ever had to agree to them in passing. I wasn’t really sure where to start so I just did some google searching to find the most basic ones. My website doesn’t really get that much traffic, let alone people actually interacting with it or leaving comments, so that made this a little bit easier.
I got the outline for these guidelines from this sample community guidelines.
The goals of this website and community is to help you find things you might like, learn new things, and become inspired. You may also find personal and professional pursuits, by perhaps discovering a new interest, and this community is to help maintain friendships and connections with others who share these interests. This community was created to build strong and mutually beneficial ties between everyone who enters it.
In order to meet the goals of this community, it’s important for members to feel like they are in a safe place that is populated by people with shared interests. As such, we request that you read and adhere to the guidelines that follow.
- Treat others online as you would treat them in real life, and how you would like to be treated
- Be tolerant towards others viewpoints; respectfully disagree when opinions do not align
- Respect the privacy and personal information of other users
- Communicate with courtesy and respect
Please do not:
- Make personal attacks on other community members
- Use defamatory remarks or make false statements against others
- Post prejudiced comments or profanity
- Bully or make inflammatory remarks to other community members
Use messaging/email responsibly. These tools are intended to keep users in touch with one another, to help facilitate networking and to promote common interests. Some examples might include:
- Inviting local area user to a networking event or to join a local runners club
- Helping to coordinate a get together (via COVID restrictions at the time)
- Reaching out to individual users for advice, to reconnect or to join a group
- Prohibited activities include solicitations for business or personal services, fundraising, cold-calling of any kind, mass-mailings, or broadcast emails.
We will take action when we see someone violating these guidelines. Sometimes that just means giving someone a warning; other times it means revoking certain privileges or accounts entirely. We request that all community members report behavior that violates our guidelines to email@example.com
By logging onto the community and activating your profile, you are considered to be in agreement with the terms and conditions listed above.
These basic community guidelines from the sample by 360Alumni.
Essentially, I want this to be a safe place where others can be inspired, as I was inspired by others.
Image from: https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/12736811435815261/